Legasis has always been committed to safeguard and protect the data of all its stakeholders and we value your trust and will use ethical standards to maintain that trust when we gather, use and safeguard the personal information provided by you the “User”, such as your mobile number, your email and personal information that will be outlined in subsequent paragraphs below.
2. Information Provided by the User:
During the course of services being rendered to you, proposed to be rendered, agreed to be rendered or when you visit the website to seek our services, Legasis through the website collection the following types of personal data belonging to you:
- Your name;
- Work/personal e-mail ID;
- Your phone number, landline and/or mobile number;
- The name and address of your employer organization;
- Any other incidental data required, if any.
Further transactional information such as when you make purchases, use our services and information that you provide Legasis in the course of business or when you seek help, and /or information that you enter into the system when for instance reaching out to us to enquire about our services, requesting a demo, providing personal data when applying for a job opening in the Careers page etc. All such information whether personal, transaction, and or associated information will collectively be called “Information” under this policy.
Some data about you may be collected automatically when you use the application/ products/ services and website. These may include and may not be limited to the type of mobile device used by you, the unique ID of the device, the IP address, internet connection and provider, operating system, the browsers and such other information that is collected by your consent.
3. How do we collect the information :
Information is collected in 2 ways:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us when and while filling and submitting any forms, requesting any information, sending queries and/or e-mails, interacting with chatbots (if any) and any other similar mechanism.
- automatically as you navigate through our Website (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies).
- From either your employer organization, common professional platform such as LinkedIn or the website of your organization or any publicly accessible government owned databases, for example, Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
4. Why do we collect the information:
The information collected from the user may be used for the following purposes:
- Approaching you in the course of marketing the variety of legal services offered by Legasis;
- Sending you the periodic knowledge-based issues such as newsletters, knowledge-posts or magazines issued by Legasis;
- Inviting you to the professional events conducted by Legasis from time to time, for example, compliance 10/10 hosted by Legasis every year;
- To provide you with any related marketing or additional service offering material;
- Processing your job application provided you wish to apply for a suitable position;
Legasis does not use the personal information for any other purpose other the ones mentioned in Point 4 (i) to (v). Legasis also does not transfer, sell, rent or provide any information to any third party entity.
5. Retention of Information:
The personal data/information collected as and in the manner described above in Clause (3) will be stored and retained by Legasis in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations. Information will be retained as per business requirement and for a period of 3 years thereafter.
6. Rights of the User:
By virtue of being the data subject, you the ‘User’ have the following rights with respect to the personal information provided by you to Legasis:
- The right to withdraw consent where you have provided information to us from being processed;
- The right to request erasure of personal data from Legasis’ records for opting out of the services availed from Legasis and other marketing material;
- The right to update, rectify, edit, complete any inaccuracies in the information held by us;
- Right to obtain information related to the information held by Legasis on you the User in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format;
- The right to restrict processing any further due to accuracy of the information held, lawfulness of processing, if when processing is no longer required.
By accessing our website, you the User are consenting to our collecting, storing, sharing and processing of the information in the manner described above.
You the User may after giving your consent to receive and process your information, withdraw such consent at a subsequent stage. If you choose not to provide information or subsequently withdraw your consent, you not be able to access and/or view all and/or certain features of the website.
In case of any queries or concerns with respect to the Policy, you may write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.